Sunday

Spray twirler






Another job that I have got done at long last, is to make a rotating table top for the spray booth. You can buy simple metal tables and expensive ones for this purpose, but I always prefer to try and make something myself and none of the ones I saw online did quite what I wanted. So my table is made from an old walnut veneer repro cupboard, a lazy susan bearing (idea poached from Bronislaus Janulis), a piece of 6mm MDF, 4 drawer slides, and some flat mouldings. It works well and can support surprisingly big frames which can't be rotated fully in one go, but do go half-way and then moving the large frame slightly on the supports means the whole frame can be easily sprayed all round. The largest size (at around 25" x 30" or 24" x 36") we make regularly does fit easily though, and can be rotated fully. The only thing I need to do is watch the build-up of gesso on the slide bearings when the arms are fully extended, I might need to design something to cover these but I will see how it goes for now.